Dengue Symptoms In Philippines
Only Aedes mosquitoes can transmit dengue and this cannot be transmitted directly from one person to another. A person with dengue fever can experience any of the following signs and symptoms:
- A headache
- Mild to incapacitating fever
- Joint and muscle pain
- Pain behind the eyes
- A rash
- Swollen glands
- Vomiting and nausea
The symptoms may be severe or mild. They often appear between 3 to 14 days after being bitten by a mosquito and often last for 2 to 7 days.
There is no specific medicine or vaccine to treat dengue. Patients with dengue fever should drink lots of fluids, rest, and lower the fever by taking paracetamol. They should also see a doctor immediately.
Severe Symptoms of Dengue Fever in Philippines
Severe dengue, or also called dengue hemorrhagic fever, can be characterized by abdominal pain, fever, bleeding, breathing difficulty, persistent vomiting, and is a possibly lethal complication that affects mainly children. Careful clinical management and early clinical diagnosis by trained nurses and physicians increase patient survival.
Some people may also suffer from severe dengue fever when they had dengue fever in the past.
People who have severe dengue can feel very unwell and other symptoms they may experience include:
- Bleeding gums and nose bleeds
- Bruising to just minor bumps
- Breathing difficulties
- Stomach pain
- Stool with blood or persistent vomiting
- Clammy and cold skin
Dengue fever in the Philippines is a serious illness and worst, this can also be fatal. When you suspect that you have dengue fever, make sure you go to the nearest hospital emergency department or your doctor. Do not take it lightly.
Treatment of Dengue Fever
Dengue fever doesn’t have the specific treatment. But, it is possible to ease the symptoms through drinking lots of fluids, resting, and taking painkillers like paracetamol. When you have dengue fever, never take medicines like NSAIDs or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or aspirin as these can make bleeding worse.
How to Prevent Dengue Fever
There is no such thing as a vaccine for dengue fever prevention. But, the best way is to avoid getting bitten by mosquitoes. When a family member has dengue, you have to avoid mosquito bites since mosquitoes can spread the infection from person to person.
Here are other simple tips to prevent mosquito bites:
- Make sure you stay indoor during nighttime and daytime when mosquitoes are most active.
- Check and drain still or stagnant water around your house on a regular basis. Mosquitoes can breed in stagnant water such as water inside empty containers.
- Wear covered shoes and long-sleeved clothes.
- Apply mosquito repellent containing picaridin or DEET.
- One of the best method for preventing dengue fever is to stop mosquito entry into the house by installing a quality magnetic insect screen.
To avoid dengue fever and other mosquito-borne diseases, contact us today, the insect screen Philippines specialist!
Why Choose Insect Screen Philippines?
Insect Screen Philippines had installed many insect screen windows in most types of property in Metro Manila, Philippines over the years. Residential homes cover Private Condominiums and landed property such as Terrace House, Semi-Detached, Detached or Bungalows.
We also have vast experience with the Commercial property that covers Offices, Shops, Factory, Warehouse, Central Kitchen, Education/childcare centers etc. On top of our expertise and experience, we give you the peace of mind by the following:
- Competitively priced at 3000 PHP per 2 square meter.
- Warranty of 1 year
- The product is Made & Deliver in Philippines Factory
- Friendly and Excellent support by our specialist
So, give Insect Screen Philippines a call to show you our insect screen solutions for doors and windows and the big benefits that you will get out of this affordable investment!